Trim between bumper and grille

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jw_96

96 K1500
Reaction score
I have a 1996 Chevy Silverado k1500 RCSB with the 5.7 vortec.

I am missing the trim pieces that go between the grille and bumper.

I have looked on LMC and I found the diagram but do not know what pieces I need?
Here is the link: http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/full.aspx?Page=27

I am pretty sure it's pieces 22, 15, 19.

Can someone help me out on this?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's all in the descriptions there. 15 is a chrome "set" which includes both the center lower grille panel (22) and the side supports (16) for 94-98 trucks. 19 is the center panel for 88-93 trucks, in black primer. 22 is the center panel for 94-98 trucks, in black primer.

To get everything you need for the lower support you'd need 22, two of 16 (make sure to get the part numbers for left and right and your year range specifically), five of 23, five of 24, six of 17 and six of 18. Pretty sure that's everything. Someone else may spot something I've missed... You could also swap 15 for the 22 and 16s if you'd rather have chrome instead of painting.

timusry

Reaction score
A guy could also work his way through a scrap yard. Granted it did take few trips and dismantling several front ends to find one complete and unbroken. Able to pick up all the bolts and everything need for 5 bucks.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ Very true. Then you could even snag some that are already in your color and avoid the hassle of painting them.

jw_96

96 K1500
Reaction score
It's all in the descriptions there. 15 is a chrome "set" which includes both the center lower grille panel (22) and the side supports (16) for 94-98 trucks. 19 is the center panel for 88-93 trucks, in black primer. 22 is the center panel for 94-98 trucks, in black primer.

To get everything you need for the lower support you'd need 22, two of 16 (make sure to get the part numbers for left and right and your year range specifically), five of 23, five of 24, six of 17 and six of 18. Pretty sure that's everything. Someone else may spot something I've missed... You could also swap 15 for the 22 and 16s if you'd rather have chrome instead of painting.
I had assumed that they were just black in the first place? My truck is the burgundy red color with the gold paint on the lower half. What color would they have come with?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had assumed that they were just black in the first place? My truck is the burgundy red color with the gold paint on the lower half. What color would they have come with?

They're matched to the body color from the factory.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Eh, depends on your definition of bad. I know it would bug me if it were my truck.

Last edited:

timusry

Reaction score
I think you can find a paint code and go with the duplicolor spray bomb. If preped well should work good.

streetperf

Reaction score
^ Very true. Then you could even snag some that are already in your color and avoid the hassle of painting them.
If you have a Certafit auto body parts warehouse in your area see if they offer the pieces you need. Make sure you test fit the parts before painting and completely installing. Most of the aftermarket parts come from China, so test fit first. I also have good luck, with up pull it junk yards. Yes another person, you get all the bolts and brackets needed for the truck. Besides I always find something else I needed but didn't know it at the time.
Good luck in your search.