Transfer Flow fuel tanks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93$ilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anybody on here have a Transfer Flow fuel tank? I'm thinking about buying one of their 30 or 50 gallon toolbox combo tanks for my truck. Just wanted to know if anybody has used them or could tell me any pro's or con's about them they look really durable and it would be nice to not fill up the 7.4 every 200 miles pulling the camper. 25gallons is just too small for these crew cab trucks if your pulling anything with any weight.

rocket

Reaction score
let me know if you install one, I was thinking about getting one myself for traveling since I'm working out west and traveling back home is about 5200 km (3200 miles) and gas stations are not always easy to find or open

CameronB97

Reaction score
I just bought a truck with one mounted in it. I believe that it was 75 gallons or something close to it. I didn't end up keeping it in there, I took it out. Being a 16 year old driver, I don't have the money to fill it up, so I figured that I'd take the dead weight out. It worked well, but the way that it was installed was crazy. Wires going everywhere, bolts in the hardest to reach places, a bunch of fuel lines put into the tube between the filler neck and gas tank. Then when I took it out, and disconnected the plug in to it, it screwed up my fuel gauge, so it only reads empty. I wouldn't suggest it, just get one that mounts in the bed, and has a nozzle on the end of a hose. That way when you run out of fuel, you just pull over anywhere and fill the truck back up. Then you can still use that tank to fill quads, generators, air compressors, or even a buddy's truck.

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've kicked around the idea of installing one in my bed for a while for the same reasons as you. When we're on the road with the camper and everyone finally gets comfortable and the kids fall asleep it is time to pull over for fuel. Then everyone wakes up and we start the process over again. :)

I would like to keep my bed space for stuff and wish Titan made a tank for the GMT400s:

https://titanfueltanks.com/

They are way too expensive anyways though.

I have also briefly looked at installing a suburban 42 gallon tank in addition to my 34 gallon tank. This would require me to relocate the spare to the bed, but that would take up much less room than the transferflow tank. One of these days I am going to look further into doing this as I think it is the best solution, for me anyway. I like my 8ft bed for toys, bikes, firewood, generator, etc. We are also looking at getting a golf cart to take along camping with us.

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Titan fuel tanks make great products, there head quarters are just up the road from me. Seems like everyone around here has one in there trucks. Super good products and customer support. Sucks they don't make anything for our trucks. Just wanted to give them a shout out

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I've kicked around the idea of installing one in my bed for a while for the same reasons as you. When we're on the road with the camper and everyone finally gets comfortable and the kids fall asleep it is time to pull over for fuel. Then everyone wakes up and we start the process over again. :)

I would like to keep my bed space for stuff and wish Titan made a tank for the GMT400s:

https://titanfueltanks.com/

They are way too expensive anyways though.

I have also briefly looked at installing a suburban 42 gallon tank in addition to my 34 gallon tank. This would require me to relocate the spare to the bed, but that would take up much less room than the transferflow tank. One of these days I am going to look further into doing this as I think it is the best solution, for me anyway. I like my 8ft bed for toys, bikes, firewood, generator, etc. We are also looking at getting a golf cart to take along camping with us.

Any good fab shop can make you a bigger tank. Especially since all you need is a sump for a diesel since the lift pump is not in the tank. Get it made in stainless to stave off the rustles. Stockers are aluminium clad.

Then get a hold of Leroy for a "metrum" fuel sender probe. They can make custom lengths.

I have contemplated doing this very thing to my 98. Hate stopping once we're out ont eh road and rolling. Not to mention; I'd rather go truck stop to truck stop when pulling a 34 foot travel trailer instead of trying to squeeze into some mom and pop's diesel lane.

I've had that not work out too well a couple times......:rolleyes:

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have one of Leroy's metrum rod fuel senders on my truck now. Many people don't report the same good results I've had with it.

I also pull a ~34 ft. TT and I know what you mean about going truck stop to truck stop :)

I like the idea of having a larger tank made, but I don't like the price that comes along with it. I'll have to look into it some more maybe. I figure that if I did the suburban tank thing I would get 76 gallons of diesel and that would get me a 650-750 mile range towing which is longer than I would go in one stretch with the wife and kiddos, but it's there if I need it. It would also cost much less than having one made, just my time and a JY fuel tank. I also would get to use standard issue fuel senders that can be placed on a switch and just do dual sumps going to an electric wye valve, also operated by said switch.

I have a large project underway at the moment and will probably have to look back at this later. I just wanted to get some ideas out there so maybe someone else will do it and work out the kinks for me first. :)

benz88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive got a Toolbox/ 150gallon fuel tank combo in my parts truck. My pops made it, Has an electric Gas pump on it. Tempted to toss it in my truck but then I'd have to ditch my Tonneau cover