Transfer case blowing fluid from somewhere

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shorepatrol

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had a tight vibration start up a week or so ago. Crawled under the truck to check the u joints, they were tight and everything was dry under the truck. I look at it again today to change the u joints and the the transfer case is spewing fluid everywhere. Any help appreciated

shorepatrol

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update....... ujoints and mount were bad. vibration caused the tcase to loosen from tranny enough to leak AND pull tranny fluid into tcase.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Update....... ujoints and mount were bad. vibration caused the tcase to loosen from tranny enough to leak AND pull tranny fluid into tcase.
That's not what caused that. Sorry to say. There's a seal that needs replaced. Very common.

shorepatrol

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's not what caused that. Sorry to say. There's a seal that needs replaced. Very common.

Yep, the seal was replaced and the snap ring update done while they were in there.

shorepatrol

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any updates?

News U joints , output shaft seals on the rear end and trans case , tranny mount, snap ring update. My brother runs a tranny parts warehouse and sent me to one of his customers shop to diagnose and repair so I'm no help with the install questions

steampunk1375

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you put a new seal on the transmission output shaft between the tranny and the transfer case? Because that was likely the onpy problem. Seen it literally a thousand times.