Trade opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Dont trade, unempoyed and going to use it for a roadtrip and you have no idea what shape its truely in, the guy could say it runs great and nothing mechanically wrong but people lie, hell the civic i got i was told ran great then i got it with a slight ticking sound cause its usually an easy fix on covics but it had a dropped lifter, just stick with what you have, you know exactly what shape its in and what it needs, better for the situation you are currently in

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
This brings back memories. :D

I moved from KY to NM once for the same reason. When it all went south, it took about every penny I had to make it back to KY LOL

Coming from someone that is a Craigslist junky and always obsessing about project cars, trucks, boats, campers, anything that moves... It may seem like the PERFECT vehicle that you've always wanted at the time. But what I've learned to tell myself is that unless I absolutely can buy it and not have to worry about money or relying on it as an only vehicle - don't mess with it because there will ALWAYS be another one when it is financially appropriate.

And remember some of the cleanest rust free vehicles are from here in TX. :)

I'd say keep what you've got. If you're planning on making the trip all the way back to Texas, why not do it in a vehicle you've worked on and know from top to bottom?

Ugh. There are so many Craigslist finds around here I want. I hate being responsible. And poor. :anitoof:

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This brings back memories. :D

I moved from KY to NM once for the same reason. When it all went south, it took about every penny I had to make it back to KY LOL

Coming from someone that is a Craigslist junky and always obsessing about project cars, trucks, boats, campers, anything that moves... It may seem like the PERFECT vehicle that you've always wanted at the time. But what I've learned to tell myself is that unless I absolutely can buy it and not have to worry about money or relying on it as an only vehicle - don't mess with it because there will ALWAYS be another one when it is financially appropriate.

And remember some of the cleanest rust free vehicles are from here in TX. :)

I'd say keep what you've got. If you're planning on making the trip all the way back to Texas, why not do it in a vehicle you've worked on and know from top to bottom?

Ugh. There are so many Craigslist finds around here I want. I hate being responsible. And poor. :anitoof:

Well said, i already msgd the guy and told him i want it but am going to pass on it

By the way, nice touch on the "craigslist junkie" that pretty much summed me up right there... Always checkin out great deals i cant afford but refuse to pass up

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
Lookin for some feedback on what would u do...

I got a possible chance to trade my truck

Now ive owned my share of vehichles, and had my share of "projects"... All of wich i grow attatched to, then after theyre gone, regret not having them... So for me to just up and decide i might trade it is sort of a big thing to me.... I love my truck, ive got so many plans for it yet to come... Solid axle, built 400sbc, etc... So i dont want to get rid of it, but i can really picture my self on this guys suburban...

The guys tryin to trade a 90 suburb, tbi 350/auto, 4x4, silverado pkg, 6in lift, 35s, front and rear working a/c, needs paint job...
You must be registered for see images attach

I love the 73-87 body trucks and blazers... More the 73-79/80 body than the 80s just cuz the front end, but i have never been a crew cab long bed in thhat body style, or the suburban and after seein pics, im already makin plans on what i would do to the burb... is that wierd? Plus im gna be haulin my camper soon with my dog, so the burb makes more sence to have... Not sure the difference id see in fuel mileage ina tbi suburban, but with pullin the camper, and stow alot of my gear in the back and theres plenty of storage to hold all my chains, jumpercables, jack, etc... Plus i can take it up in the mts and sleep in the back under the stars and whatnot... I even checkin out different paint schemes...

One of my best buddies is tryin to talk me out of it, sayin i just got my truck running, im in a very tight spot right now where i lost my job, my house, blew the engine in my truck, financing a camper to fix up and live in, staying with a buddy till i do fix it up, living off unemployment right now, trying to stay above water right now, sinking a few hundred i didnt have to fix my truck, and now its running good, so why throw all of that away on another "project" that ull sink ur money into that u cant afford...

He makes a valid point... But i cant stop thinking about going ahead and trading, and i know i will always regret not finishing my plans for my truck if i get rid of it... So what do yall think u would do if it were u...

I keep seeing brubs with those 95+ mirrors was that an option or something?

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Well said, i already msgd the guy and told him i want it but am going to pass on it

By the way, nice touch on the "craigslist junkie" that pretty much summed me up right there... Always checkin out great deals i cant afford but refuse to pass up

LOL

Yup I get bored at work and surf Craiglist like crazy... But I've got some pretty awesome deals from there!

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
You will be able to find nice older lifted trucks all over Texas and the southwest for a hell of a lot cheaper than you see in most places! I would keep your truck. Not to mention you are already in a tight situation with money and that Burb has boggers on it which won't last long especially on the highway

LessThenStellar

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say make the trade, since you're practically homeless at least you can live in the roomy surburban, life is short have fun with it.