traction bars?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazymater91

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I have a question i think this is the right place !

So I go to the drag track ever now and then and run my truck, and I done a little research but still not sure is traction bars is what I need. Or if they will help

Little bit about the truck
350 motor maybe 320-340hp
5 speed 5lm60 transmission
Stage 3 clutch
10bolt with 3.73 and a Eaton locker

Any ideas would be helpful and am willing to learn something new!

crazymater91

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the main thing is! am getting a good bit of flex in the rear end when I launch. And was trying to limit that down a bit!

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
What is the problem you are trying to correct?

crazymater91

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get caltracs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen those they look and sound good! I guess I need to start pinching my Penny's!! Was half way looking at making my own set! Because I like making my own crap, but it might be best to just buy a set

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is a thread I think on here it fullsizechevy about making your own. Btw what does your truck run at the track? I am wondering because my engine has a lot more in it and I want to take it to the track once it's back together

crazymater91

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is a thread I think on here it fullsizechevy about making your own. Btw what does your truck run at the track? I am wondering because my engine has a lot more in it and I want to take it to the track once it's back together

Not sure last I had ran it was before I had the locker in it and I couldn't hook up / spinning all over the place! But the few times I did get a decent launch I was in the mid 10 in a 1/8mile!! Am waiting for the track to open up to see where am at now!

Here my last attempt/fail

chevy 1500 at columbus drag strip: http://youtu.be/cQNhhw5cjvQ

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was hoping you would say that was a fail because my friends stock truck runs a 16 flat in the 1/4 and your 1/8 equates to a 16.32