tpi vortec cost?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k_pro1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How much does is the average price of the swap, and what all do you have to do to get it to run properly?

k_pro1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A few other questions. Will the stock runners be enough for a 383 or should I go with SLP siamesed runners? What year camero would I need to get the intake off of(maf or speed density)? Should I take some of the working harness when I pull the intake? How would I hook up all the sensors for the 411 to run properly?

I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions later. Sobif anyone knows a link to a step by step write up that would be great. Thanks in advance.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what year camaro or corvette your getting it from. You will need a special vortec lower manifold that is only sold after market so get whatever you can find cheapest. You won't need the computer or most of the wiring if your going to use a 411 with it. Do try an get the injector pigtails, and the tps and IAC connectors as well. You will just need to 411 swap your truck like normal. Add the injector wiring to the injectors instead of the plug for the spider. Splice in the tpi IAC plug and tps plug. Everything else you use will be stock to your truck. If you want to keep egr you'll have to use the camaro stuff also but I would delete it personally.

As to the runner question, if you want aftermarket then just look for a complete upper on eBay or something since you need the vortec lower buying a whole setup then replacing both those parts is a waste IMO. For the rpm range a truck sees I think the stock runners would be fine. Here is a rather long discussion on swapping to the 411 computer in 3rd gen f-bodys. Its a good read, they use all vortec components so its very similar to what you want to do. I'm actually planning the same thing for my 78 and just need to finishing gathering the vortec parts. I already have the tpi setup, vortec wiring harness and a 411 computer...

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/tpi/383323-tpi-obdii-thoughts-opinions.html

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I reread that an the injector part is kinda confusing maybe.

You won't add anything really, you just cut off the plug for the spider an take those wires to each individual injector an splice them in. If you've read write ups on a marine intake swap its basically the same as that your just using a different and cheaper manifold. Hope I didn't confuse you, if I find another cheap tpi setup I will be grabbing it for my 98 an doing it as well...

k_pro1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I couldn't find anything as far as a write up for the swap. I'll check that link. I knew I would have to do the injector wiring. Bit if I can do it for as much or a little more than the marine I'll be happy because there's really no performance gain from the marine as far as flow numbers. The tpi is great for low end torque and that's mainly what I built my motor for. Appreciate the help.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GriffisClnCo