TPI swap 101 the easiest, cheapest swap out there

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys, no offense intended but I didn't ask about indmar intakes. I am aware of the tpi limitations. I asked specific questions pertaining to the tpi intake and accessories used to swap the tpi into the GMT 400. The issue I have is the turbo headers I will use, will not work with accessories that stick out past the heads. I can make the tpi intake work if I get rid of the ac compressor with an ac delete pulley. But I was really hoping to keep ac. I am just doing a low rpm torque monster build. Tpi would help that. But if needed I have a Holley EFI single plane mpfi intake with 4150 throttle body and carb hat
Cool, just pointing out an option that cleared vortec accessories when I physically lined it up with some minor tweaking. I found the whole setup cheaper than a vortec TPI base.

Bill C

Reaction score
This was a TBI F/B car system that was also used on the later TPI F-bodies. They make brackets to adapt a Sanden in place of the trouble prone R4 compressor and a larger CS144 or AD244 will fit with a little work to the bracket.

One I saw done. Relocating the compressor is a must.
You must be registered for see images attach
This appears to be doable, just a plate to offset the ac compressor and a longer belt. At least that's how it looks, do you have any more info of this setup?

Bill C

Reaction score
This appears to be doable, just a plate to offset the ac compressor and a longer belt. At least that's how it looks, do you have any more info of this setup?
And if you look closer the boss for the ac delete pulley is viable, could possibly use a smaller diameter ac delete pulley to gain a better approach to the throttle body, abrupt 90° bends right in front of the throttle body are murder to hp and tq numbers. A straight shot into the throttle body with a big radius bend 6-10 inches away from the throttle plates is always good for more power. Engine masters did an amazing test of this a while back. It was an LS, but airflow is airflow. It doesn't like to change directions abruptly.