Towing a 4 Wheel Drive Tahoe with a dolly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RicanGM

Reaction score
Hello All,

Am looking to buy a 1998 Tahoe Auto/4 wheel drive.

Am planning on renting a dolly, how I go about towing it with a dolly.

Thanks.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
tow it backwards with 4wd disengaged. Or you'll have to leave it idling if you tow it forwards. Or pull the driveshaft.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ran a wrecker for years and used to unbolt from the diff and then tie it securely and leave the slip yoke in the transfer case. I had a clamp made of a couple freeze plugs to hold the bearing cups on the shaft ,electrical tape wrapped around them works too.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I ran a wrecker for years and used to unbolt from the diff and then tie it securely and leave the slip yoke in the transfer case. I had a clamp made of a couple freeze plugs to hold the bearing cups on the shaft ,electrical tape wrapped around them works too.
This would work great. Never thought of that. I usually just pull the caps and throw them in my dash pocket

Ironroad9C1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it will be in nutral but the t case will not lubricate . just pull the shaft and wrap the caps and zip tie it up out of the way. towed my 93 S10 that way from southport,N.C. to temple,TX.

You must be registered for see images attach