Tow hitch size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2drXmobb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys do you know the tow hitch receiver size for the stock obs hitch? I'm looking at the 2" or the 2 1/5 not sure which one to buy. Not for towing just looks might get a flag cover

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You have ruler or tape measure, this is really isn't a technical question, more of a diy thing.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the 2.5" 16k trailer hitch didn't come out till 2008. So the OBS won't have one, especially from the factory...
Did any GMT400's come with a receiver hitch from the factory? I never really paid that much attention but fairly sure any that came new with one were dealer-added options. Could be wrong here.. but GMT800's are the "factory receiver hitch" era.

Richard

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Did any GMT400's come with a receiver hitch from the factory? I never really paid that much attention but fairly sure any that came new with one were dealer-added options. Could be wrong here.. but GMT800's are the "factory receiver hitch" era.

Richard
If it was ordered with the towing package.... that's how both Burbs and the big truck were ordered.
Our '79 square Burb had no hitch when we got it; that was not fun at all to install. No room between frame and 40 gallon tank.....

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Richard
Z82
You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Z82
You must be registered for see images attach
Thanks, was mildly curious what the RPO code would be. My C3500 probably has it, but it's too damn hot to go out and look at the SPID label at the moment. :Big Laugh:

I guess my mindset is the trucks that seemed to come with them by default, not option, are the GMT800's. I could be wrong about those too, but it seems like every one of them you see has that crummy factory receiver hitch.

Richard