Torsion bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Guys i am in the market for some new torsion bars, possibly 3/4 ones. Mine are pretty much cranked all the way and i would like to get some new non wore out ones to swap in to the truck in hopes i can keep my height and not crank quite so much.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
I dont think they are. I read somewhere that the torsion keys were different

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
They could help with keeping the bumper up so it would take less strain off the 1/2 ton ones?

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
It would take longer before the 1 ton springs sag compared to the 1/2 ton

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Heavier T bars would def help with a truck like yours Kyle with its heavy front bumper. Same goes for a Diesel powered 1/2 ton. Though i think the Diesel 1500s already got 3/4t T bars to compensate for the weight of the Diesel engine.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
It would take longer before the 1 ton springs sag compared to the 1/2 ton

Heavier T bars would def help with a truck like yours Kyle with its heavy front bumper. Same goes for a Diesel powered 1/2 ton. Though i think the Diesel 1500s already got 3/4t T bars to compensate for the weight of the Diesel engine.

Thats what I am thinking. If they are the same and will help support that heavy thing then I dont see why it would bad. I guess I didnt catch it they dont add any lift at all though?

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats what I am thinking. If they are the same and will help support that heavy thing then I dont see why it would bad. I guess I didnt catch it they dont add any lift at all though?

Nope... just a heavier spring rate to deal with the heavier weight of a 3/4 ton truck which will make for a rougher ride in a 1/2 ton unless you have additional weight on the front end to compensate like you do with that bumper.