Torsen diff. Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I'm not too worried about a loose back end in the snow and I have 4x4 if I need it. The ones on that site looks pretty nice and I think I found one for my 10 bolt axle on there, but if I do get one should I try and get a more heavy duty axle first?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Yah i wouldn't waste money in a 10 bolt honestly

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yah i wouldn't waste money in a 10 bolt honestly

This is how I used to feel but the guy at the performance shop that I had do my tune on my LS swap said that he's done many builds all the way up to 600HP and they are running stock (gmt800) rear ends with the tru- trac. He said he wouldn't change the axle for anything less than 600HP

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
This is how I used to feel but the guy at the performance shop that I had do my tune on my LS swap said that he's done many builds all the way up to 600HP and they are running stock (gmt800) rear ends with the tru- trac. He said he wouldn't change the axle for anything less than 600HP

for 2wd and stock sized tires your typically okay with a built 10 bolt. unfortunately a larger tire(mostly of 4wd) on a 10 bolt with the same build will not last. its worthless to put the money into it. if your 6 lug just go to a 14 bolt and spend your money on that, itll last far longer if done properly than a 10 bolt would ever hope.