Front diff swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukonguy98

Reaction score
I have 98 Yukon that has a bad diff and the pick n pulls near me have floor shift as mine is button shift for 4x4 would it matter if I put a floor shift one in?

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Floor shift would be for a tcase, front diff is still electronically controlled and would be the same. There are slight differences in actuator early vs late and 1/2 vs 3/4 diff size

Yukonguy98

Reaction score
Floor shift would be for a tcase, front diff is still electronically controlled and would be the same. There are slight differences in actuator early vs late and 1/2 vs 3/4 diff size
Awesome I kinda figured just thought I’d make sure lol thanks man

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Yep like Y said, make sure its a 6-bolt truck first, you cant easily swap 8-bolt diffs into a 6-bolt frame. Then make sure its the right gear ratio. Count how many turns it takes it takes your driveshaft to turn the CV axles 1 turn and match that with the junkyard diff. 3.42, 3.73, 4.10 are the most common.