Tonneau cover: Rolled up or covering bed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So I'm pretty new to tonneau covers. I have an access cover on my RCSB. What are your opinions on leaving them rolled up vs covering the bed?

I think it makes the truck look better covering the bed but any opinions/experiences on what's better for the cover rolled out or rolled up?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Isn't the whole point for it to cover the bed? Haha

Reaction score
mine stays covering the bed only time I roll it up is when i'm using the bed

This is what I've been doing.

What got me wondering was that as of recently I've seen a handful of trucks with them rolled up and no cargo protruding above the bed sides.

Obviously I have no idea what they were doing/hauling but it just got me wondering.

Didn't know if it was due to UV rays or prevent too much stretching...guess I'll keep on doing what I've been doing.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
This is what I've been doing.

What got me wondering was that as of recently I've seen a handful of trucks with them rolled up and no cargo protruding above the bed sides.

Obviously I have no idea what they were doing/hauling but it just got me wondering.

Didn't know if it was due to UV rays or prevent too much stretching...guess I'll keep on doing what I've been doing.

Maybe they had Mexicans laying in the bed?

Reaction score
I doubt it. Probably a less than PC comment.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited: