to passenger or to driver...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

youngblood78

Reaction score
Hey guys first off im new to this forum but not to my trucks. I have a question that maybe can be answerd here at a gmt400 specific site.
Im planing to SAS my 94 1500 and ive got a 10 bolt front to do it with. My truck has the nv4500 with external slave cylinder.
Ive found a np241 passenger side drop with electric speedo.
Now to the question do any of you see me running into my drive shaft hitting the bell housing when the front compresses.?
ORD brackets=3" lift and 2"lift spring so 5" total lift
I know on square bodys you need a lift for it to clear

bornchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can let you know in a couple months but for now we're in the same boat. I'm doing a sas with a 8 lug 10 bolt. My trans has the slave on the passenger side also. I was thinking the same thing as you but from what I can see right now i shouldn't have a problem but I'm also going to be sitting at 7-9" over stock depending on the springs I get.

bornchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No problem. I'm tearing the axle down right now to re gear it and put new bearings in, the old ones are in pieces.
What spring setup are you going to use for the front?

youngblood78

Reaction score
Going with ORDs kit and mostly everything thing from them. Normally id bulid my own brackets but for something this big, and being my first sas id rather buy brackets and know there right. Plus id like to threw it together as quick as possible being my only vehicle.

bornchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know what you mean about the only vehicle part. Doing the axle swap steering and shocks one weekend, the transfer case and linkage the next, and the exhaust and driveshaft the next. I broke it up into 3 weekends so I have time to finish what I'm doing and test drive and have enough time to fix any mistakes before I have to drive to work on Monday.