Tires....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I'm just shy of 4k on them so far and my alignment is shot. They don't show a bit of wear. My last cooper discovers were almost bald on the edges within about 6k miles. These also do excellent in the snow and mud.
You must be registered for see images attach

They are more of an A/T than M/T in my opinion.

Not trying to force you into them, just throwing out my opinion on them for you and others :lol:

Birchyboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My Yukon came with 265/75/16 BFG Rugged Trails and they've been ok. Good ride, quiet, no off-road experience with them yet. Seemed good in the snow this winter. I'm thinking of trying to swap them for stock size tires to save a few MPG's on my trip to Maine this month.

I had great luck with BFG A/T K/O's on my 4Runner and may go with them next time.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Toyo AT II's

They're great at highway speeds and aggressive enough for mild off roading. Great in the rain, dirt and mud. I have no idea how they are in snow because I live in AZ. I've got about 5k on mine and so far they're the best I've had. Got them mounted and had them put beads inside instead of weights. They ride great for an E rated tire.

285/70/17

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Toyo AT II's

They're great at highway speeds and aggressive enough for mild off roading. Great in the rain, dirt and mud. I have no idea how they are in snow because I live in AZ. I've got about 5k on mine and so far they're the best I've had. Got them mounted and had them put beads inside instead of weights. They ride great for an E rated tire.

285/70/17
x2. I have a set of these on the s10 and they have lasted FOREVER. God knows how many miles are on them. They still have about 1/4 tread. These are a true all-terrain. Little pricey, but you get what you pay for. They bite suprisingly well off road, and are super quiet on road.

I have a set of these on the 400, They pull about like boggers off road. They are not terribly harsh on road, but they are not a highway tire by any means lol.

You must be registered for see images

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Yea I'm gonna pick up a plow if I can find a decent priced one so mudders are prolly not gonna work. Prolly just go with duratracs or destination ATs. But them toyos do look pretty meaty.

Last edited:

lifted97chevy

Reaction score
I have the toyo open country and they seem to be a really great tire mine are towards the end of their life and they got me out of trouble in the winter perfectly and seemed very well for mild off roading

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atyates

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea I'm kinda leaning towards the duratracs but I've never really seen anyone with them. How are they in mud & snow cuz I've got stuck in them both

I run those tires. its the most awesome tire ive ever had. im on my second set. got 70,000 miles off my first set with no wear issues. as long as this set does as good, I will never buy another tire...