Tires, Wheels & AAL Added

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chiefmorton

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally got around to getting my tires mounted up on my new wheels and the AAL's came in. The AAL was stated to raise the tail end 1.5"-2" depending on the shape of the stock springs. The new springs raised it 1 3/4" so I was pleased with that and the install was a snap and I cranked the TB's a few cranks to get the front end up. I think the stance looks good and still have plenty of adjustment on the TB's so the bolts aren't bottomed out which is good. The tires are Goodyear Duratracs, not a M/T tire but a pretty aggressive A/T, they ride great with minimal road noise. I also added a low profile deep toolbox for a little extra storage, I'm more than pleased with the way it turned out thanks to all you fine folks for posting up information, this forum is awesome! Here's a few before and after pics.

Before
You must be registered for see images attach

After

1998 SBEC Z71 Package
Tires - 285/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs, 11.70 wide 32 3/4" tall
Wheels - Vision Warrior 17x8.5 with +25 Offset & 5.73 Back Spacing
Add A Leaf - Spring Force 2" Add A Leaf kit, ordered off of ebay

Stock Fender Heights, Front - 35 1/2" , Rear - 35 3/4"
Fender Heights After Mods, Front - 38 1/4" , Rear - 38 1/2"

*Note* Stock tires & wheels are for sale PM me for details.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Looks good, nice choice on the wheels.... next mod should be removing the molding :)

smrr1

wait for it...
Reaction score
Looks good, nice choice on the wheels.... next mod should be removing the molding :)

NO!!!! Please don't. That truck looks too nice with it on there. However please get you front bumper straight or put a new one on. Only thing that looks bad on a good looking truck.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NO!!!! Please don't. That truck looks too nice with it on there. However please get you front bumper straight or put a new one on. Only thing that looks bad on a good looking truck.

X1000. Leave the trim. Wheels actually look better than I thought they would.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Wheels really accent the trim on that truck it seems.. or vise versa. Looks sick man. If ya don't mind me asking what'd that set of rims cost ya? Looking to upgrade the looks on my truck aswell..

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score

x3 It looks better with the trim.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
^ You guys are old school lol..... I like all my vehicles clean and demolded as much as possible. Simple = Clean... but everyone has different taste, that's what makes forums great.

chiefmorton

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, yeah I like the looks of the trim on a black truck, the bumper is a little straighter in the after pics then in the before. I carefully worked it over with a large pry bar to try and tweak it a little but it stills needs some more. I caught the wheels on sale from Discount Tire Direct cheapeast place I found, super fast shipping and great customer service, they were like $410.00 with caps & lugs shipped to my door.

The next few things on my list is replacing the factory stereo with another factory unit with CD and installing a storage bin in the stock CD player slot, door pins for drivers door and fab up some cup holders, don't care much for the ones that slide out of the dash.

chiefmorton

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice, and good choice not throwing body lift on it.

Thanks, yeah I'm glad I didn't go with the body lift. I don't care to see anymore frame hanging down from under there then what it's got from the factory, not to mention the AAL and a few cranks of the TB's was less than a body lift. I'm very pleased with it right now but in the event I decide to go a little higher in the future I'll go with the Rough County 4" suspension lift.