tires and lift specs, little help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah, not a bad choice..... im still trying to wrap my mind around what I have so far and then translate it to what I need. I appreciate the help!

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, this is similarly related and I didn't want to make a new thread. I dug around some and found the cepek guys (biggest 6" afaik) are running 35-38. I also saw in here that 315's (315/75R16 = 34.5") on stock wheels and suspension with about an inch of crank. If your not gaining that much tire (or diff clearance which the important part of big tires) then what is the real gain in lifting the truck 6"? Is it the articulation? Are the angles on the front end that much better on the cepek/rcx style lifts over just an inch of crank? Does the truck ride better on road since the tb's aren't being over torqued? What am I really gaining should I go to the cepek (which if I lift will 99% be the way I go) over cranking? I dont want to sound like I'm being cheap. I'm just trying to know why I am doing what I am doing, not just doing it because. I have another thread for my diff setups and if you've seen it, I'm going to be gearing and locking the truck to run the bigger tires and get the power and traction needed. I just want to understand why my suspension is getting a full over haul.

custom rides

Reaction score
good thread sully. I have the same questions. I know that when you lift the suspension, the diffs lift a little as well. we did a 5.25 on my cousins jeep and he gained a ton of clearance. he is running on 31's so with you getting the 35's you should be absolutely fine. the reason for the 6" is for better ride, more flex, more clearance, and overall better look. IMO What I am doing is a 4" lift with 2" body. that way my ride won't change much from stock, I will get the clearance I need for tires and my diffs, and I will get the look I'm looking for.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
a lift shouldnt move your rear diff. The only thing that lift a solid axle as adding tire size. The axle runs to the center of your wheel.... to lift that the tire diameter has to increase. IFS is a little different. I know the flex (articualtion as I called it) is improved with the lift, but I'm looking for hidden advantages I havent yet mentioned, or if thats it just to know that really it.