tire rotation open diff wearing right rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My right rear tire is wearing more than the rest, probably because I have an open diff and its the drive tire. Whats the best option for moving it to try and save it? I'd like to just swap it to the other side with the left rear, but can I only rotate front to back because wear patterns are already present?

pic of the right rear compared to the left rear....

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
thats odd. even with an open diff you shouldnt see real obvious wear like that. what i would do is swap rear side to side, then see if the new tire also wears real bad.

jeff's88silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Quit doing burnouts. :gr_grin: J/K

But seriously thats odd my tires have been on my truck for 4yrs and even with occasional burnout. My dont look like that

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i added a better pic

thats what i was thinking rotate the rears side to side, so will it mess anything up??

jeff, i blame the po mostly, but you cant hold that 350 tbi back :lol:

reptilla

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quit doing burnouts. :gr_grin: J/K

But seriously thats odd my tires have been on my truck for 4yrs and even with occasional burnout. My dont look like that

burn outs or improper suspension loading will cause this...i have seen it a billion times ...spring bushings ,loose u bolts ,worn shocks,ect can all be a prob.

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
yup, just rotate em side to side. dont rotate that tire to the front, cause you always want you better tires in the front for handling purposes. you will also notice a pulling issue if you put that one one tire up front with a good one.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
upon further inspection the right rear has a 2005 date on it and the other three are 2006. hmm :think: