tire clearence / lift help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
It took me 8 hours, but I had to extract some rounded off bolts (don't use 12 pt sockets). Other than that, it was easy.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Took me about a day for mine, getting started around 11 am and finished up around 9-10 pm. Most of that time was spent looking for tools. Spray some PB Blaster on the bolts the day before you do it. The two furthest back bolts get a lot of water and dirt thrown at them and tend to rust. I broke one and got the other out with about 10' of cheater pipe on a breaker bar.
You don't need new brake lines. I'm not sure what rectangles you're talking about. If they're just the four in the cargo area those are for the 3rd row seat. Yes the bolts go up into the body from the bottom.

You must be registered for see images

Cody_350

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not talking about the 3rd row lock ins, I have a little more common sense than that lol. no when you take the carpet or vinyl floor or whatever you have up there's about 6-8 rectangle boxes with lids, approx 5"x8"

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Those are body access panels. All body lifts replace the stock body puck under the cab between the frame. We had a shop put ours on and they used a lift to pick up the body. Took 2 hours and about $400 with the kit included.

Not sure what lift company your going with but tcs suspension has a 7" kit for about $1500. That's not bad considering most 6" kits are $1200

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
how long would you say it takes to install a body lift on these year trucks? I would end up doing a 3". I still don't know, I kinda didn't want to get into a body lift
An hour maybe 2

roughead

Reaction score
It really depends with the knowledge and tools you have to install a lift kit. But usually it would take a whole day to properly install the kit.