tinted or smoked legal or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was wondering if the tented or smoked headlights and tails are leagal or illegal? I have seen a bunch of these trucks with it and really think it would look good. (If you have seen the rims that is going on illinoisboy and i's truck i think this would look better)

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what about the head lights? and do you think it would look stupid with some HID's in them?

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The simple answer that any tinted lights that didn't roll off the assembly line that way are illegal. Period.

If care is taken to make sure enough light gets through to retain the proper visibility, you can usually get away with it, but even that's not a guarantee you won't get pinched for it eventually. It all depends on the cop that sees you.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so the like the ones that u buy like the recon smoked lights are all illegal?

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well, thanks for your help. Im glad i asked first.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I smoked my tails and have gotten pulled over once, followed many times, and haven't had any cop say anything bad about em.
Hell, I've had a cop say he likes my tail lights and asked me how I did them.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^ thats what im thinkin most of the cops around here would do. i dont think the rears matter just as long as you can see the brakes turn signals and reverse lights. im pretty sure the headlights are the only ones that are illegal