"Tina" 98 Z71 ECSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slick96

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good-looking truck! Very clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Hopefully keeping it stock lol. I wish I had left mine stock

Blaine Cornelius

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going to do some minor stuff, nothing too radical for sure. 2-3" RC suspension lift, wheels and tires happening right now, then probably 800 mirrors. Coming out of an 800 and in to this rig really makes me miss the mirrors and ride height. So we are getting my ass back up there. And getting the clearance I need back to cross the creek going back to my killing field where I hunt and shoot.

You must be registered for see images

275-70-18's for consistency with the other rigs around the homestead.

Blaine Cornelius

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got her at the alignment shop. Couldn't be happier from what I am seeing now! Better pics to follow-

Angles even look pretty good. I have read a lot of hate on these forums over the RC 2-3" lift, but I tell you, in my experience, this looks like a solid kit.

DirtBag

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
PERFECT! Just the right amount of lift and tire. I would skip the tow mirrors myself, they just look goofy on a 1/2 ton (I know I may be roasted for saying that here).

Don't change a thing!

Blaine Cornelius

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
PERFECT! Just the right amount of lift and tire. I would skip the tow mirrors myself, they just look goofy on a 1/2 ton (I know I may be roasted for saying that here).

Don't change a thing!

I would tend to agree with you, had I not just got out of a 2011 3/4 ton with tow mirrors, backup sensors and camera. I need a handicap before I kill someone backing up ;)

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Love the truck man! Very clean truck, something that is not common in Iowa to see every day. Great find! :D

Blaine Cornelius

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Road report-

Just did 200 miles of interstate driving. All of the gauges stayed within an appropriate range. No funny smells or noises. Steering could still use some tightening *somewhere* in my opinion. I would like to find a steering dampening kit of some flavor and maybe swap out the steering shaft for something sans rag joint. Rides like a truck, which I'm cool with.

Prior to lift and tires around town I hand calc'd a 15 mpg. Today on the interstate 75-85 mph... drum roll please... .............. 13.7! Lol, but she looks cool!