Tie rods to heim joints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skynet C1500

Reaction score
Looking to maybe swap my tie rod ends to heim joints on my c1500. Does anyone know of a kit or point me in the direction of the parts?

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Not a good idea for a street driven vehicle. Yes, they're stronger off-road but not very durable for constant street use.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Not a good idea for a street driven vehicle. Yes, they're stronger off-road but not very durable for constant street use.

They're plenty durable, it's just the elements that will attack them sooner. That said, if you drill your knuckles to eliminate the taper you can adjust bump steer on the outside very easily. Doesn't help the inside any. Why are you wanting to do this OP?

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Although they're not for the tie rods I do have some heim combos on my suburban for the idler and pitman arm, they've been on there for abt 3 years with no problems.
Then agian they're mounted alot different so the stress put on them is different compared to tie rod ends

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach