Ticking/Rattling coming from flywheel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 1993 Chevy 1500 4x4 with a 4.3 and a 4l60e tansmission. There is a ticking/rattling noise coming from the flywheel area. It will idle for a few minutes then the ticking starts it goes on and off but when you give it gas it doesnt get worse . It seems to do it worse when the truck is warm. It shifts perfect. And the trans fluid is at the right amount. I dont hear the noise going down the road but that might be because my exhaust is to loud. But if im at a stop light in gear it will make the noise. What could this be?

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I put them on a different frame but i never separated them. Its been on this frame since July and has never bothered or made a sound. Its probably nothing major but it still worries me.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My gf dad had the same issue on his model A iy turned out being a nut that got dropped there. He thought it was the throw out bearing going bad. Bad thing about it he had to pull the motor to get it out

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My gf dad had the same issue on his model A iy turned out being a nut that got dropped there. He thought it was the throw out bearing going bad. Bad thing about it he had to pull the motor to get it out

Thats what i had thought but it just started last week and i've been driving the truck since June or july with no ticks or rattles anywhere (as i restored the hole thing). Now i have this annoying embarassing noise. Idk what it is. But its deffinelty coming from that general area. Is there anything inside the torque converter that could be causing it?

daddy_dandy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had the same noise in a 94 C1500. Turned out the flywheel was split and was occasionally rubbing against the housing cover. Also, if it turns out you need a flywheel, I have one and will send it to ya for $20 + shipping. Never been used but has been on the shelf for a few years now.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GriffisClnCo