thunder tail rear truck spoiler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
daily driving a carb truck is nothing, done it all the time for years and years, no different then fi crap.

As for being ugly that's just your opinion, not mine I like it and would run it. Alot of the things ppl do nowadays is ugly to me. Big wheels are ugly to me, anything over say 17 or 18 on a truck is just too big and too ugly for me. Now on a lifted truck MAYBE, I just hate thin sidewalls I think is what it is for me, not soo much the wheels just the tires.

Anyways don't want to turn this into a bash fesat the guy just wanted to know about pics or whatever. I posted what I had even though it wasn't a gmt400.

You could go to google and click image, then type in ***** wagon and find pics of that gmt400 with the spoiler on it.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
daily driving a carb truck is nothing, done it all the time for years and years, no different then fi crap.

As for being ugly that's just your opinion, not mine I like it and would run it. Alot of the things ppl do nowadays is ugly to me. Big wheels are ugly to me, anything over say 17 or 18 on a truck is just too big and too ugly for me. Now on a lifted truck MAYBE, I just hate thin sidewalls I think is what it is for me, not soo much the wheels just the tires.

Anyways don't want to turn this into a bash fesat the guy just wanted to know about pics or whatever. I posted what I had even though it wasn't a gmt400.

You could go to google and click image, then type in ***** wagon and find pics of that gmt400 with the spoiler on it.

you no doubt dont live in the cold then, its all i could do to get my truck to stay running this morning, had to crank up the idle screw.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
having -20 days aint cold? we're staying in the 30's here and like 10's and teens at night. We don't even use choke around here, just pump it, keep it going by tapping the pedal, then after a minute or so let it idle on it's own. if it wasn't idleing around 600-800 rpm before it aint going to now for sure. Some ppl do have to bump it up for winter just to make it warm up faster. But yea we've daily drove in -20's and stuff before, all the way up to like 110 or more in the summer.

I always had problems with tbi in winter. They'd crank and crank and not fire, and you can't hit the gas or it'll mess up worse. A carb I never had much trouble with. I started old man's truck the other day it had been sitting for a couple weeks, in this same weather highs in the 30's and lows in the teens or 20's and it was about 30 or less when I started it. I had to hit it about 5 times, nothing 5 more, nothing, about 10 times and it fired up, I just keep tapping the gas for about a minute or less, then let it idle on it's own. His idle is set to 800 in park. it aint bad, but it aint great either, esp. when you don't want to set in the cold and do it. That's the only downside I have to it, sitting in the cold getting it going.

Once it idles on it's own it's good to go, my freakin tbi 88 hates cold, it'll start ok and run, but if you don't let it warm up for about 5-`0 minutes or more depending on the temp, it'll run rough, kinda miss and crap.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
having -20 days aint cold? we're staying in the 30's here and like 10's and teens at night. We don't even use choke around here, just pump it, keep it going by tapping the pedal, then after a minute or so let it idle on it's own. if it wasn't idleing around 600-800 rpm before it aint going to now for sure. Some ppl do have to bump it up for winter just to make it warm up faster. But yea we've daily drove in -20's and stuff before, all the way up to like 110 or more in the summer.

I always had problems with tbi in winter. They'd crank and crank and not fire, and you can't hit the gas or it'll mess up worse. A carb I never had much trouble with. I started old man's truck the other day it had been sitting for a couple weeks, in this same weather highs in the 30's and lows in the teens or 20's and it was about 30 or less when I started it. I had to hit it about 5 times, nothing 5 more, nothing, about 10 times and it fired up, I just keep tapping the gas for about a minute or less, then let it idle on it's own. His idle is set to 800 in park. it aint bad, but it aint great either, esp. when you don't want to set in the cold and do it. That's the only downside I have to it, sitting in the cold getting it going.

Once it idles on it's own it's good to go, my freakin tbi 88 hates cold, it'll start ok and run, but if you don't let it warm up for about 5-`0 minutes or more depending on the temp, it'll run rough, kinda miss and crap.

Ive never had problems with any EFI vehicles here, I drove my dads 1995 GMC at -35C (-30F) with no problems at all, :deal:

then again, when i started my truck today, it hadn't been started in a week, and wasnt plugged in.

KennyB01

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

ya, everyone has an opinion, i am 45 and loved the 80's, everyone was trying to get N50's on the rear and the little tires on the front, low profiles do have their place and when you start getting in the 20's+ they do not go with everything. i like tall wheels on 4x4's, the higher the better, my favorite car of all times is a 71 vega i had in high school that i put a 400 motor and trans. in, cut the bumper to make it resemble the slit bumper camaro. we did not have money when i was growing up so i had to work off all my car parts and traded labor for labor and after about a year in a half it paid off, it was not a head turner unless you was close enough to hear the set of glasspacks comming from this little car, but it was definitely close to the top of the untouchables when crusing home after school back then (or should i say racing home). the white s10 looked good to me, i would have not used that hood but still it is different, thats what make cutomizing personal. no one out their is going to have what you have. their is only one car that if i owned it i would never touch the body on, that would be a viper. i see things come out in magizines and six months to a year later you start seeing it on everything and everyone thinks they have something diffrent. i have watched some of these car auctions on tv and seen s**t go for millions of dollars and will have a half a dozen people bidding on it and another have a dozen wanting to, go figure. i asked about this because i knew everyone would have a opinion and i value opinion, wheather i agree or disagree every opinion give me a new angle to think, and i wanted to see a picture of one. and still would like to! on a stepside

Last edited:

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
we used that hood because it was stock lol, just put the stick on scoops on it. Got em on dad's 84 c10, and he had them on his 86 k10 too he loves them.