Thoughts on this kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonwin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah for sure. Im not too worried about using my time cause i enjoy doing this kinda stuff and its not that big of a deal on a weekend or something.

So i think I'm gonna try this kit out

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is what I had on my 95 that was no crackle or pop just a deep deep roar constant and you will love it and it'll keep the integrity of your low end torque and all that...It's manifolds go straight into a 3" pipe where there's 1 catalytic conveter, then it splits into (2) 2.25" pipes with tips. You don't want any mufflers they'll just make it super quiet old man exhaust. You want this.

jonwin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So not even the cherry bombs?

No mufflers as in straight pipes from the cat back?

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
right but 2 pipes come off the exhaust manifolds straight into one single 3" pipe with 1 catalytic converter on it, no mufflers, no "cherry bombs" none of that **** that just muffles that deep tone. After the single 3" pipe right before the axle it splits into TWO 2.25" pipes and then your tips. Again, if you're looking for that deep steady growl without any crackling or popping that's what you want. This way you only gotta buy 1 catylitic converter and not all the mufflers or whatever. That's what I had and it sounded good, but I wanted the crackle and pop so I got true duals with 2 cats. YOu definitely want the catalytic converter if you have to go through inspection and GM put them on there for a reason, but far as I understand mufflers just "muffle" that sound and make it super quiet.

Some guys will run a similar setup except with just the mufflers and no catalytic converters but that wasn't an option for me since I have to go through inspection gotta have that cat on there.

Summit sells some quality cat converters for $50/a piece. I've found the best bet is to buy 1 take it up to an exhaust shop and have them do it up. Should save you a ton of $ because an exhaust shop will try and charge your crazy money for a cat like I've seen $400-800

Last edited:

jonwin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to do without the mufflers its just the town i live in the cops aren't real happy about people runnin exhaust that don't have cats and mufflers and its not worth the endless amount of tickets lol

So I'm just looking for something thats "legal" but still loud and sounds good

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
And sure as ****, the cop will have you on the side of the road, writting you up for a noise violation, & a guy on a H/D, with shotgun pipes, will fly past, & the cop has to stop talking to you because it's not possible to hear what he's saying. But, hey, loud pipes save lives, right?

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
And sure as ****, the cop will have you on the side of the road, writting you up for a noise violation, & a guy on a H/D, with shotgun pipes, will fly past, & the cop has to stop talking to you because it's not possible to hear what he's saying. But, hey, loud pipes save lives, right?

:lol:

jonwin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
For sure dude so for now something loud enough when I step on it but when cruisin by the cops they don't hassle me lol