Thorley Long Tubes From 99 Suburban fit on my 97 Sierra? Both 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KenKaniff

Reaction score
Found some used units and just want to make absolutely sure they will fit. Thorley website no longer has the detail for our trucks.
Thx!!

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
yes they will fit. Get as much of the ext. pipe with it as you can. The long tubes are not a direct bolt on though, and you will need to modify your original ext. pipe from the ext. manifold to after the cats. You might want to take it to a custom muffler shop and get an estimate on the install. Shorty headers are usually a direct bolt on, and will fit you original ext. pipe.

KenKaniff

Reaction score
yes they will fit. Get as much of the ext. pipe with it as you can. The long tubes are not a direct bolt on though, and you will need to modify your original ext. pipe from the ext. manifold to after the cats. You might want to take it to a custom muffler shop and get an estimate on the install. Shorty headers are usually a direct bolt on, and will fit you original ext. pipe.

They do bolt right up to the manifold though, right? Which gasket is the best to use?
I understand that I will need to modify the exhaust to fit the header exit and have a tune to turn off the rear 02 sensors. I did hi flo cats and dual flowmaster mufflers 6 months ago...hoping to re-use the cats at least.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Yes they will bolt rite up to the manifold, and should clear everything. I have Percy's seal 4 good on my shorty's. They are good and not to expensive. That or Copper gaskets is the only thing that will hold up.

Last edited:

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mine is a C 1500 so 2 wheel drive. 98_k1500 has a point about 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive. If you are putting headers from a 2w.d. to a 4w.d., this may be a problem. I'm not sure. The transfer case might be an issue. Other than that I think from the trans. forward should be all the same. I know that from 96 to 2001 the 5,7 are all the same.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
no reason why they won't fit then