This vehicle has been designed for principal use at high altitude.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

30013Z3R0

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I'm having trouble finding any more information about this. Odd that this truck has lived in WV it's whole life, not really high altitude here (2300-2600 ft above sea level). Getting ready to move to closer to 500-600ft above and this just caught my eye while I was under the hood checking fluids today.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
I'll have to check the tag on my 89 k2500 and see if it says anything like that. Learn something new everyday!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Not familiar with them but I would just about be willing to bet it's simply a difference in the tune, at most maybe it has a different MAP sensor.

Richard

30013Z3R0

Reaction score
I'm curious about it. Haven't found anything about it online. I'm the 2nd owner and I know this truck is a WV truck and hasn't came from the Rocky mountains or anything lol

30013Z3R0

Reaction score
Not familiar with them but I would just about be willing to bet it's simply a difference in the tune, at most maybe it has a different MAP sensor.

Richard

That was my first thought, the MAP. But looking online I only see the one. I'm genuinely curious now as I'm about to move much closer to sea level and wonder about the performance, not that the 305 in it is a performer lol.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Here is the one on my 89 K2500 with a 5.7, was originally a SoCal truck. Didn't see anything about high altitude, but I did notice your truck must be a 49 state truck where mine is a 50 state truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Odd that this truck has lived in WV it's whole life

Makes me wonder if your truck was shipped to the east coast from a Rocky Mountains area dealership for the original purchaser...

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I can't see the need to change anything. Must be piddly **** that's different, maybe EGR duty cycle or something. Perhaps different cam on the TB to fake you into having better throttle response? EFI knows when there's less air coming in and cuts fuel and adds timing accordingly.

Tom P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Call a GM dealer and ask for the Service Publication the sticker is talking about. I don't see why they wouldn't have it.