Think JBWeld would hold this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pro17

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here' s a pic with the piece removed. What I think happened is grime got into the hole, and then when tighting, there wasn't enough room, and too much pressure.
There's barely enough wiggle room in there, even with the correct bolt, and if it's full of gunk...

You must be registered for see images attach

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yea, much better pic. So what you want to do is, bevel the broken part a little bit so that the weld can get in there and help hold. IMO, in your case, I would braze that. After the repair has cooled down, you may need to chase the threads with a tap. Also is that bracket aluminum ? if so, you will want to remove it, or wrap it with a very wet rag. This will keep most of the heat off of the bracket, and help to stop it from melting. If your rag stays wet, it wont burn. A good machine shop, should be able to do this repair for you, if you are not able for whatever reason. I know we could at our shop, if it accessible.