The year 95

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a chance a a low mile 95 1500. With just to concerns. Is the central port injection as big of a problem as it seems? Also I remember there was something about the year 95 specifically that was kinda bad?

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is nothing bad about a 95. It is considered an oddball because it has the 96-99 interior, but the 88-94 tbi engine. The electronics in the auto tranny are specific to that year.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
I'd call it the best of both worlds. TBI and the updated interior. Although I like the older interior so my cut off might just end up being '94.

Reaction score
Well its a manual transmission, so I guess there's no downside. Although, I just found out it's the v6

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Manual is what you want, most reliable. V6 ain't so bad, especially if it's a regular cab long/short box. What kind of options does it have? I love me a truck with options.

Richard Jones

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 95 1500, regular cab short bed. I love the truck, it is a 5 speed also with the 305. I have owned 3 88-98 trucks and I will say, to me, the only thing I hate about the 95 is that is when they switched the interior and I feel they did a poor job. Everything breaks lol. Inside door handles, dash, my AC vents don't open and close freely... Things like that. This is my second 95 and both had the same problems. But that's not enough to keep me from buying one obviously lol. All parts are replaceable

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
I like our '89 enough to put another engine in it. Interior seems much better in the 95+ trucks, especially from an audio quality perspective but things do seem to be harder to replace. I ran into the sticky vent thing too, fix was disconnecting the servo motor that lives by the gas pedal and shooting some 50/50 Acetone/ATF on the rods where they go into the HVA/C box and then manually working them for awhile. Works wonders.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
There is no central port injection setup on a '95 truck. It's wearing a TBI setup.