The Subwoofer Box Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jtlichty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the same box but I ordered it from sonic electronics for about the same price.
Make sure you install a 12" sub that has a recommended sealed enclosure volume close to that box (.90 cubic foot).
I used a Pioneer TS-W301R 12" sub and I had to take the plastic magnet cover off in order for it to fit (sub was too deep). It called for a 1 cubic foot sealed box but I figured it was close enough especially after I lined the box with poly-fill.
The sub does really well, very tight and accurate bass. It requires a little more power than a ported box though. I have 200 watts going to it.

I ended up ordering this exact box here instead:
http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/

As for the sub going in it. I have had it for so long I have no idea what is recommended for it. It came in a dual 12" woofer set that I used in three cars and then tore apart to build a solo box for my reg. cab. The other sub has been sitting around for two years now unused and I ordered this box for my dad's ext. cab so he doesn't have to buy a sub, just the box, amp, and wiring. So, hopefully it works. I completely guessed on size for the one I built for behind my seat and it sounds great! Hopefully we get that lucky with my dad's truck.

nathan wegner

Reaction score
so i just bought a 97 K3500 crew cab 4x4 dually with a flat bed and having a hard time finding a down firing under rear seat box for two 12's... anyone have pictures or know where to get my hands on one? checked all these links and emailed some people but no luck. I'm ordering a pioneer touch screen dvd player with bluetooth and all that for the head unit. any recommendations on component replacements? probably going to hook up some marine 6x9's to a switch as well and mount them maybe under the flat bed for when I'm working (it's a beach truck to haul big ice totes full of Salmon)