The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andy Oates

Reaction score
I am getting a 96 c1500 and want to do a spindle lift. Can I use a spindle for a 5 lug truck for a 6 lug ( don't know if it's a 5 or 6 yet because I don't have it)

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Yoyr truck is a 5 lug you can get ld rotors from a ld c2500and run a 6 lug on the same spindle

Andy Oates

Reaction score
Yoyr truck is a 5 lug you can get ld rotors from a ld c2500and run a 6 lug on the same spindle

Thanks for the info. Can I use the 5 lug rough country ( I think) lift on a 6 lug truck or do I have to use the expensive fabtech one for 6 lug trucks. Or if there is a cheaper 6 lug spindle.

MikeNJ

Reaction score
need some advice. my torsion keys are pretty much frozen from rust onto my torsion bars, couldn't get them out. sprayed them with some pb every day for like a week then hit it with a torch and unbolted the cross member and beat it off with a hammer, the drivers side key is still stuck on no matter how much I try it still wont budge. any advice on what to do? thanks

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
need some advice. my torsion keys are pretty much frozen from rust onto my torsion bars, couldn't get them out. sprayed them with some pb every day for like a week then hit it with a torch and unbolted the cross member and beat it off with a hammer, the drivers side key is still stuck on no matter how much I try it still wont budge. any advice on what to do? thanks

Did you use a pry bar after getting it super super hot?

Chrisman0004

Reaction score
Can I run 33x12.50s on a 20x10 wheel with a -12 offset after installing a 2" Tuff Country lift? (Keys and Add a leaf) Going on a 1996 K1500.

97 silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can I run 33x12.50s on a 20x10 wheel with a -12 offset after installing a 2" Tuff Country lift? (Keys and Add a leaf) Going on a 1996 K1500.

Don't waste your time on keys. Their a joke. I added 3in to mine and I still had to crank them and never gained any more than I did with stocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk