The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
ok next question(s). sorry I only get like an hour a day to work on my projects with kids and work.

- the fan shroud. from what ive seen on the forums alot of people just trim their lower fan shroud to clear the fan. does anyone have a picture or advice on the proper way to do this with the extension bolts. I would like to retain the "air tunnel" and fiberglass around the extension part to keep air flow at its max.

- 2nd question. on the steering shaft extension. I know (from trying to research the forums) it is the common practice that the extension is not necessary. I have it separated but I cant get the bottom male piece to go into the upper female end. I see that it is a telescoping shaft, does that mean that either the upper or the lower should compress a bit into itself to allow clearance.

Thanks in advance for answering my "stupid lift questions" I am just a guy with some tools and a garage, no mechanic by anymeans. By the time i get home and get everyone fed its usually getting dark. My issue stands with Performance accessories and their instructions. They reference to parts that they call a different name in the parts list and their black and white pictured instructions are a joke

For the fan shroud most leave the bottom off but there are spacers in the kit to drop it down as for the steeri g extension it should compress towards the firewall

mudtruck89

Reaction score
I hope this is considered simple but Im wanting 2" of lift on my 89 Silverado 4x4 and my question is what would be the best way to do it? I have considered cranking the T bars and adding blocks to the rear end. But I have heard that turning up the T bars would be bad on my CV axles? and I don't want to put em under un-needed stress. also Im trying to be cost affective if I can be. Im open to any suggestions so if you got any feel free.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I hope this is considered simple but Im wanting 2" of lift on my 89 Silverado 4x4 and my question is what would be the best way to do it? I have considered cranking the T bars and adding blocks to the rear end. But I have heard that turning up the T bars would be bad on my CV axles? and I don't want to put em under un-needed stress. also Im trying to be cost affective if I can be. Im open to any suggestions so if you got any feel free.

Most people just crank and block for 2 inches but if you worried about angles you can do a 2 inch body lift

mudtruck89

Reaction score
I hope this is considered simple but I want to put a 2" lift on my 89 4x4 and if possible id like to be cost affective. I have been told one way to do it is to crank up the torsion bars to the max and put blocks in the rear but it seems like it would put too much strain on the CV axles? if there are good ways to do this id appreciate the input. thanks in advance !

mudtruck89

Reaction score
Well that's pretty sweet do you know where I could come across one? and also would it be a good idea to get a new set of keys or just stick with the originals??

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Well that's pretty sweet do you know where I could come across one? and also would it be a good idea to get a new set of keys or just stick with the originals??

Rcx ans stick with originals