The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
Tristan, Shadowrejects ran 35's no lift just a 2in block and crank

And Tristan, and my truck rubbed like a **** with that set up. Yes you could run 35's with a body lift, but you will still most likely have some rubbing issues, but nothing major. Talk to Danny, 96k1500; I believe he had that exact set up on his 96 for a total of 5 inches of lift.

ahayes09

Reaction score
And Tristan, and my truck rubbed like a **** with that set up. Yes you could run 35's with a body lift, but you will still most likely have some rubbing issues, but nothing major. Talk to Danny, 96k1500; I believe he had that exact set up on his 96 for a total of 5 inches of lift.
Thanks, I'll try to shoot him a PM sometime soon to get some info from him. I just got my BL and gotta put it on soon. I think I'm gonna crank the front and get a 2-3" add a leaf for the rear giving roughly 5 inches. I have wanted 35s since I got my truck but don't have all the money for a 6" suspension lift. Broke...college...tools... it all adds up quick. I'm hoping with my wheels now that I can clear the 35s with no problems once the body lift goes on. Time will tell.

Amp24 7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I'm just going to throw this out here.. say i an get an rcx 6 inch for 1000 dollars at the door, and install myself. Whats the grand total i'll be looking at once installed? surely there must be some things that should be replaced whilst installing? Or items not included in the kit?

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
So I'm just going to throw this out here.. say i an get an rcx 6 inch for 1000 dollars at the door, and install myself. Whats the grand total i'll be looking at once installed? surely there must be some things that should be replaced whilst installing? Or items not included in the kit?

While your at it, you might at replace your ball joints and Tie Rods. I'm not sure if a pitman arm and Idler arm are included, but that too.

Amp24 7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
While your at it, you might at replace your ball joints and Tie Rods. I'm not sure if a pitman arm and Idler arm are included, but that too.

so theres another 150 or so.. what about breaklines and such

Thunderstruck20

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran 37" wranglers with cranked stock keys and a 3" BL on my old GMC. They rubbed on the frame rail when you'd crank the wheel and I had to trim the corners of the bumper a bit but no more than I had to trim my truck now with an 8" id say stay away from body lifts though. I will never again own a truck that has one

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You won't be able to hold as much with a shackle flip.

Sent from Robl@and!

In terms of hauling stuff in the back? 'Cause I was thinking a 4" lift in the back (be it springs or flip) and 6" in the front (4" spindles plus 2" coil springs).