The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmull

Reaction score
Looked around but didnt see this. Ive got a 3in block and want to get rid of it. I imagine a shackle flip will give 3-4in of lift but anyone know exactly? I dont mind a bit of forward lean so 4in would be fine!

Havoc2004

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So here are my stupid questions: 1.) Is it normal to have one TB bolt run all the way up and the other showing 4-5 threads to make each side sit even and if not does this mean the side that took more cranking could have a worn out TB ? 2.) The Driver rear is sagging about 1-1.5" lower than the passenger rear, would an aal kit help this of just need to replace the leaf springs? The truck is a '98 ECSB Z71.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
the torsion bars could be two reasons 1 one key is clicked differently from the other 2 one is worn more than the other. the rear sitting lower on the driver side is pretty common no matter if it's lowered lifted or stock, the gas tank is on that side as well as the driver is also meaning there's always more weight on that side and it seems these trucks just like to lean that way.

sent from the c1500 Denali

Havoc2004

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
the torsion bars could be two reasons 1 one key is clicked differently from the other 2 one is worn more than the other. the rear sitting lower on the driver side is pretty common no matter if it's lowered lifted or stock, the gas tank is on that side as well as the driver is also meaning there's always more weight on that side and it seems these trucks just like to lean that way.

sent from the c1500 Denali

Oh yea, forgot about the gas tank being on driver side and yea I weigh 310 lbs so I guess that is a bit more wear on driver side. Gonna have to get my gf to start driving to even out the wear, everyone stay off the roads! :gr_grin:

Havoc2004

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got one more question, If I wanted to block the back but only want an inch (never seen a 1 inch block) could I just remove the factory one inch and add a 2" block in it's place or is removing the factory block a no-go?

Last edited:

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Got one more question, If I wanted to block the back but only want an inch (never seen a 1 inch block) could I just remove the factory one inch and add a 2" block in it's place or is removing the factory block a no-go?

Sure. Need u-bolts too.

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So who here has used and has a zone offroad lift kit. I see that they are nice lift kits and they are a full 6 inch drop. But my question is they don't have add a leaf for the rear springs. So my question is if I ordered 3/4 ton leaf springs with the extra leaf. then order a separate add a leave for the 3/4 ton spring. But where would I order the other add a leaf for the 3/4 ton so that I would not have to worry about a block in the rear. Or is it ok to have a block in the rear just not a real big one.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
I made it through 150 posts and im tired. I have a set of 2" bolcksif I put them in and cranked to level would that be to much cranking?
I dont want to blow out front end parts I just had the blocks so wanted to see if i could use them.
Adam

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Tristan has a block and crank to level I believe. Should be fine,