The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Were leather seats available as an option in the early 88-94 models?

Waaaay back around '98 or so, I looked at a '94 extended cab on a used lot. It was a factory 2-tone, dark blue with tan along the bottom. It had a factory tan leather interior and power mirrors. It was all factory. I think it was a rare '94 option. That is the ONLY pre-'95 I've ever seen with factory leather.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Waaaay back around '98 or so, I looked at a '94 extended cab on a used lot. It was a factory 2-tone, dark blue with tan along the bottom. It had a factory tan leather interior and power mirrors. It was all factory. I think it was a rare '94 option. That is the ONLY pre-'95 I've ever seen with factory leather.
One I saw was also full load 94. Just assumed it was conversion!

Reaction score
I recently sold my 2002 tahoe and picked up a 95 2 door tahoe. The truck is awesome except for the a/c. I put a new compressor, accumulator, orifice tube, etc because it was all shot. It's ice cold now but it blows like speed #1 did in my gmt800. I cleaned the evap the best i could and it helped a bit but not nearly enough. I know a lot of people complain about it being wimpy but i just have a hard time believing it's supposed to be this bad. I guess what im asking is if someone with properly working a/c can tell me how hard it's supposed to be blowing on full speed? I can barely feel it when i sit back n the seat.

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a 97 Yukon and it would blow good enough you were comfortable in the back seat. Now I have a 91 RCSB and I have to turn it down it gets so cold. It's still not cold enough when you set it to Max or re-circulate ? Can you hear the blower change speeds when you turn it up ? It could just be the switch. My switch went bad in the 97 Yukon once. Good luck.

ryanrizo46

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new here and I wanted to know why my cluster lights seem to be a little bit dim compared to the other obs trucks I've came across.

Reaction score
Blend door actuator might be sticking too.

It looks like it makes a full sweep when i change from the lower vents to the upper vents. Though it seems to still be getting some air coming out of both. Not enough to affect it this seriously. Its extremely weak.
Its plenty cold, just doesn't have any power. Everything seems to be functioning properly. The fan is quite loud on full speed

Last edited:

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone know what would make the a/c controller flash? I have a 92

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new here and I wanted to know why my cluster lights seem to be a little bit dim compared to the other obs trucks I've came across.
First off what year. And in not insulting your intelligence in any way but have you checked the dimmer? If it doesn't dim brighten them at all try to dim them. If it doesn't change the brightness at all then it might be faulty.

sent from a likely flagged smartphone.