The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanrizo46

Reaction score
First off what year. And in not insulting your intelligence in any way but have you checked the dimmer? If it doesn't dim brighten them at all try to dim them. If it doesn't change the brightness at all then it might be faulty.

sent from a likely flagged smartphone.

It's a 1998 suburban and yeah the dimmer is on the brightess setting. Other lights including the hvac headunit and window switch lights are dim as well.

chrmar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has already been covered as I'm not sure what to search for and my searches aren't coming up helpful, but here's my issue: I have a 98 K1500 with the 60/40 split bench and the lid on my arm rest console won't open. I managed to get it open a few times but always with much difficulty. Currently it is stuck closed and no amount of pressing on the release latch in various places will get it to open. I'm trying my best to use just enough force to get it open but not break anything... is there a trick to this? And a way to fix it?

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has already been covered as I'm not sure what to search for and my searches aren't coming up helpful, but here's my issue: I have a 98 K1500 with the 60/40 split bench and the lid on my arm rest console won't open. I managed to get it open a few times but always with much difficulty. Currently it is stuck closed and no amount of pressing on the release latch in various places will get it to open. I'm trying my best to use just enough force to get it open but not break anything... is there a trick to this? And a way to fix it?
The way I did it was to put the nozzle (hose) on some WD-40 and aimed it inside the lid and sprayed the snot out of it. A little messy but sure beat breaking the latch or lid. Good luck.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Does the roller dim them more or does it stay the same no matter where you roll it. If nothing changes when you roll it I would try a different headlight switch

ryanrizo46

Reaction score
Does the roller dim them more or does it stay the same no matter where you roll it. If nothing changes when you roll it I would try a different headlight switch

The headlight switch is fine, I just tested the alternator and that seems to be the problem. Seems like it's under charging the battery 12.9v with the headlights switched on, radio and ac.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
The headlight switch is fine, I just tested the alternator and that seems to be the problem. Seems like it's under charging the battery 12.9v with the headlights switched on, radio and ac.
Sounds about right. Should hold 14.2

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone have a sure fire way to clean up 20 years worth of mud and dirt on the inside of a door? Mine didn't get painted on the inside and I'd like to clean them up.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
My stupid/large question: Does anyone have a write-up on how to replace/glue over the fabric on the door panels, and the roof liner?