The Stupid Engine Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poseidon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha done tried i took the 2 bolts and the nut off the pws and ac bracket but no movement is there others ?

1996 chevy 2500 Cheyenne 5.7 350
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

gndd1997

Reaction score
anyone know how to set timing on a 1997 454 mpfi engine without a scan tool? If not, what sort of scan tool is required? I replaced upper and lower intake gaskets and had to remove distributor, but it was loose and moved before I could mark the location it was set, I have rotor set in at the correct factory location, including oil pump, per ALLDATADIY and my Haynes manual and it will start, but it gives a random misfire code with barely any acceleration or power when I try to drive it and has a bit of a stumble at idle, like it's missing a cylinder. I've searched the forums but I get random responses from the search engine so I'm hoping someone can just give me a straight answer!! Thanks!!!!!

Reaction score
My 94 k25 (94 with 93 drive train) will not idle on a very good day below 1300 rpms ,it started this when i did the tbi mods stage 1 on it,i chenged the whole tbi unit out from a 89 350 and just spliced in the different style tps. it all of the sudden started acting fine and idleing fine for about a month and then started idleing high again after i cleaned it IAC valve and now its starting really bad(acting carbed,sounds like it has a really thumpy cam and smoking when it chokes and dies) but if you rev it,it starts running fine again just idling high or if you let it run for about 30 seconds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIdeG7rn-xo&feature=youtu.be

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's the point of putting an rv cam in a motor

sent from your moms house

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
Usually they're specced for more low end torque, hence "rv" cam, more pulling power

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok. What's a good option on a cam that would give you better performance on a close to stock motor

sent from your moms house

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
I honestly don't know, but I've heard LT4 hot cam thrown around in cam discussions before

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8

Dej13801

Reaction score
I have a 350 out of a 97 chevy 2500 that I want to rebuild but I would like to do a stroker kit and make it a 383 because my 99 k2500 ccsb could use a little more power but I don't know what kit to buy or what cam I could use with out have a head job done also this is a daily driver and I would like to keep prices low and what type of power do you think it would make

Vortec97

Reaction score
What is this and where does the vaccuum line go? Could It cause a rich condition on both banks?
You must be registered for see images