The Plow Truck: 99 454 CCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's ancient right there. I'll try to remember to get more pics of how mine hooks up. It has feet you drop down, rotate a couple hooks, and back right out of the blade. To hook back up just pull forward until it's fully seated then rotate the hooks to hold it in, the feet keep it at the height of your truck. The feet rotate back up out of the way too. My dad had that style when I was growing up and this Western Ultra Mount, circa de 2010 or so, is light years better.
After speaking to a couple guys who know a little about plow mounts we deduced this is a late 90s Western plow mount. Probably won't mount it on anything, but might be an interesting thing to trip over; it's been years since we've had an actual decent snow. But the thought of owning a RCLB K2500 with a plow mount tickles a part of my brain I didn't even realize I had.
Both of those look simpler than my Meyer set up. May only be two pins and the lift chain, but its a pain to hook up solo with lining up the mount and plow. Then not overshooting it.
I've only ever been around Meyer plows on GMT400s, and that was mainly back up in Iowa, other than the mounting being a bit complicated I've heard they're pretty solid plows.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
My dad had a Meyer with that mount (and a Western) and I don't remember him buying parts for either. He didn't get them new either.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
I've only ever been around Meyer plows on GMT400s, and that was mainly back up in Iowa, other than the mounting being a bit complicated I've heard they're pretty solid plows.
First one I've had direct experience with. Cost me more to get functional than I wanted but it serves it's purpose well enough. Full disclosure, Supercharged111 and Richlo may have influenced my decision to get one and add more responsibility to my life. Just wish I had the motivation to accomplish what they, and others on here, do.