The Overhead Console Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im planning on buying one of the consoles out of a 1994 suburban and I am wondering if the area with the HVAC controls is too large to put the Blazer/S10 DIC into?
Would I need the console from a pickup to fit that DIC in? Or will it work just fine in the suburban one? ( apparently its a bigger opening since its got the HVAC??)
Thanks..!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I think you'd need the truck one since the opening is smaller... or you can get creative and try to make it work in the suburban one.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ah well on that note I will just not bother with the crappy old version DIC, I saw someone with a 2000 escalade DIC in his overhead so Ill wait it out and pay someone to fab a nicer one in that spot lol.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Ah well on that note I will just not bother with the crappy old version DIC, I saw someone with a 2000 escalade DIC in his overhead so Ill wait it out and pay someone to fab a nicer one in that spot lol.

The only DIC that will work in your 94 is the basic compass/temp unit. The computers on the 88-95 trucks do not communicate with the DIC from the S-10 of denali/escalade.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Swapped my car for 1996 Silverado and it has something special haha...Will put some pics of later.

bigdaddy51200

Reaction score
I got mine installed this past weekend . The map lights come on with the dome light and work with the switches when the doors are closed .
You must be registered for see images attach