The new guys ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
my name is matt and i have a 1990 chevy 1500 2wd with a 4.3 and a 5 speed. the body is a standard cab and long bed. as you can tell by my name, it has nothing on it as far as options go except the previous owner did splurge for the 34 gal tank (fun at the pump right). just so you know it is not a show truck and i have really no plans right now to make it one. the bady has a good amount of that michigan cancer in the usual areas. i picked it up for $550 bucks of the side of the road (hence the choice in motor) and loved it. the very next day ( also i had never drove a stck before) i drove it an hour north to the next town to drop off a tactor and back, wich was a better way to learn then the way i had learned the basics when i was 12. this truck is my work horse and has payed me back 5x over. it's ugly, it's beat, and it's old.... but it's mine.

alittle about me, i am a mechanical person and enjoy to do the odd jobs that most people would pay others to do ( once i had to scrap an old car but instead of calling someone to do it i took my torch, cut it up and tossed it in back of my 90 and went). when i am not grease monkeyin it up i am a musicial. i have been playing bass for twelve years, guitar for six and drums for four. other than that i am a normal guy, beer and cars. feel free to ask any other questions you might want to know.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome man that is exactly what makes these trucks so great is their character! Also it is nearly impossible to kill them. Post up some of your music.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
i would post but i need to get a new camera, mine broke when i moved. but i will post some when i can.

i posted another thread the other day called "help me with my build", and so far no one has helped. i am basiclly trying to make my 2wd into a 4wd but i have some questions about it. i have more details in that thread so please check it out and give any info you have.
i think i am not getting replies because i might have put it in the wrong area (i posted it in offroad projects beacause it is a 4x4 and figured it would be the best place, but i seen a blurb somewhere that it is an area to post builds and progress and not a place to ask questions, i am still learning the layout of this site).

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't take it personal, nobody is able to post in your build thread.
"In this section you are the only one that can post in your own thread so that you can keep a working log of your project without anyone else adding to it."
Ask again in the Lifted & Offroad, stock suspension + bolt ons section, I'm sure you'll get some help.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
thanks for the info it would have taken me at least a week to stumble onto that gem

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
i was wondering why everybody was looking at it but nobody had anything to say.