The Member Truck Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sthomasII

Reaction score
hey guys,

been lookin at everyones trucks, great pics everyone!

heres my 96 tahoe i recently aquired
You must be registered for see images attach

just gettin started on this tahoe its a 96 2dr 2wd,5.7 vortec,edelbrock headers,flowmaster,k&n air intake

so far ive added some billet interior pieces a system and gathering together alot of the little things that were broke or not working to get this tahoe back into shape,found me a brand new NOS dash locally for 75 bux! dropped it off at my painter and had it smoothed and painted the rest of the dash is going into the booth next.

ill be sharing my other rides next but so far im loving the site and cant wait to keep posting my prgress on my tahoe, ill post my 07 classic next later guys!

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
That 2 door is super clean dude! Can't wait to see your other rides.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

sthomasII

Reaction score
thanks horns!!!

heres my 07 CBS

this is what i started with,i bought her brand new off the lot in 06 finally decided i had waited long enough and put my plans in motion.
she was already dropped 2/3 had a flowmaster catback and that was it.

step one was a set of SS wheels,i dont have pics of everything along the way i had an issue with my phone so some of the pics may jump forward so ill just list what ive done and post the pics.

first up was SS bumpers,at first i tried putting a front bumper together with parts but it was going to cost an arm and a leg so i started hunting for completes. found them on CL and installed them,next came the system 3 10" shallow mount lanzars,4 opti 6.5's,2 lanzar amps and a pioneer double din and lastly a 14" flip down monitor. a viper alarm was installed at the same time.

next i ordered a snugtop sl lid,had the bed line-x'ed and ordered all the parts i needed for the painting of the bumpers/mirrors/door handles,ordered up esc. door cups and handles a flip kit for the tailgate. so i dropped the truck off at my painter and he smoothed the mirrors and tailgate handle then painted the gate/mirrors/door cups/bumpers/grill while all this was going on i got my billet inserts for the grill and bumper and got my chrome inner door handles.

next came the k&n fipk2 intake and poweraid spacer,yellowtop optima,us speedo red overlay with silver needles and esc lens cover and red billet dash knobs along with a grant revolution steering wheel and empire billet grab handle and pedal kit.
ive since put 45 series tires on it and added a swingout cargobox,leds lights for the bed and just drove her and enjoyed her got lots of plans for the future tho.

i am finally done with it for the moment but i have an appointment next weeks with a local body guy to discuss making the SS cladding fit my crewcab its the final piece i want done to it cant wait to see it when its done.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Holy stuffed wells! Those sawblades look mint in the middle of those tires

It looks like he used the paint stripper and power washer method.

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
It's a method to make the wheels look like new. You spray them with paint stripper then power wash them.

Won't that remove the protective coating? Think it's a little late for my left front the corrosion has taken over maybe a third of the silver face