The **GREAT** Valance Debate

The Great Valance Debate

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
^^ That sucks man!! :thumbsdown: Lougheed or the #1??? LOL! ^^

Heading north on 176 from the Fraser Highway to the #1. Just past the intersection & the last light before you go up that huge **** hill. Right hand lane.

I avoid the 'Slowheed' at all costs!

Last edited:

Blaine Davies

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heading north on 176 from the Fraser Highway to the #1. Just past the intersection & the last light before you go up that huge **** hill. Right hand lane.

I avoid the 'Slowheed' at all costs!

OMFG! Right across from that farm right!!? I know exactly where you're talking about! I bottomed out my first old B2200 in the exact same spot a few years ago, managed to put a crack in the frame less than an inch ahead of the c-notch on the drvr side and mangled the roll pan on it too! Added up some numbers and figured out it wasn't worth trying to weld up the frame and ended up scrapping the truck! Pulled over on the side of the road I remember looking across the highway (Right before I ripped off what was left of the front valance) and saying "**** your stupid corn farm!" That spot of #15 is clearly the lower mainland's Bermuda Triangle!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Yea! That's the spot.
Holy crap! I got off lucky compared to you! Wow!

The valance must of caught a rock as it was folded under. You can see how much caught the pavement.

You must be registered for see images attach

Hit so hard that the end clip for the bumper strip broke. The bumper is now sitting higher by about 1/8" on the passenger side.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
I don't like them as in personal preference.

Are they needed and help with fuel mileage? I can't see that they help with fuel mileage much. Maybe on a lowered 2wd, by helping the wind move around the truck more.
A stock to lifted truck I can't see it helping much. I mean we are trying to push a square box through the air at high speeds. If anything removing it would allow more around the vehicle and help with a little bit mpg's.

As I see it there can't be much of a loss or a gain in milage with a 3"-4"wide piece of plastic under the front bumper.

Sent from Robl@nd

Hunttman01

resident sh't starter
Reaction score
I don't like them as in personal preference.

Are they needed and help with fuel mileage? I can't see that they help with fuel mileage much. Maybe on a lowered 2wd, by helping the wind move around the truck more.
A stock to lifted truck I can't see it helping much. I mean we are trying to push a square box through the air at high speeds. If anything removing it would allow more around the vehicle and help with a little bit mpg's.

As I see it there can't be much of a loss or a gain in milage with a 3"-4"wide piece of plastic under the front bumper.

Sent from Robl@nd

So i should get a v plow for mpgs?

sent from inside Francine

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Are they needed and help with fuel mileage? I can't see that they help with fuel mileage much.
Why exactly GM installed these on hundreds of thousands of trucks, I don't know the specific answer.

I can say this though: when you consider that automakers, including GM, spend countless engineering and research hours into whether or not to do a particular feature/modification...the reason might be to save 5 cents per vehicle on the assembly line, or maybe to improve gas mileage by 1MPG, or...maybe to keep engine or transmission temperatures at a correct level. Regardless of the reason, there IS a reason, you can rest assured.

So in other words, there's a good reason GM sticks that piece of plastic on the light duty GMT400 trucks. Whether we can comprehend that reason or agree with it is irrelevant. :gr_grin:

Personally, I like 'em. When I see a truck without one, I think, guess it got broken off - looks incomplete.

Richard

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Why exactly GM installed these on hundreds of thousands of trucks, I don't know the specific answer.

I can say this though: when you consider that automakers, including GM, spend countless engineering and research hours into whether or not to do a particular feature/modification...the reason might be to save 5 cents per vehicle on the assembly line, or maybe to improve gas mileage by 1MPG, or...maybe to keep engine or transmission temperatures at a correct level. Regardless of the reason, there IS a reason, you can rest assured.

So in other words, there's a good reason GM sticks that piece of plastic on the light duty GMT400 trucks. Whether we can comprehend that reason or agree with it is irrelevant. :gr_grin:

Personally, I like 'em. When I see a truck without one, I think, guess it got broken off - looks incomplete.

Richard

But it could also be just put in there to hide the front suspension better

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Doubt it. You're talking about a company that can't even be bothered to paint GMT900 rear wheelwells black to match the front plastic ones. You gotta pay extra for liners. :gr_grin:

Richard

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeraldinmendez