The **GREAT** Valance Debate

The Great Valance Debate

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like them, my decision it's on my truck until it gets ripped off. I've had the truck over 7 years, it's stil there. I would like one off of a 4wd though, I cut the holes out for tow hooks and its not perfect.

I think it's an areodynamic game, maybe not so much to keep the air going over the truck but perhaps smooth out the air going under?

When I went to NADC, one of the instructors worked at a GM garage when these trucks came out. Some were supposed to have cooling problems with the valance removed.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
There is no answer, and never will be. I prefer them on my trucks. I know most people thinks SAS trucks or the heavier trucks shouldn't have them.... Here are some case studies.

My 99 K2500. Before with no valance and later with lights and valance. Looks good either way.
You must be registered for see images attach

And my 88. It's always had a valance, always will. Even with the SAS.

Currently the 98 K3500 doesn't have one, and I'm not going to add one till it sits a bit taller I think.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I don't like them as in personal preference.

Are they needed and help with fuel mileage? I can't see that they help with fuel mileage much. Maybe on a lowered 2wd, by helping the wind move around the truck more.
A stock to lifted truck I can't see it helping much. I mean we are trying to push a square box through the air at high speeds. If anything removing it would allow more around the vehicle and help with a little bit mpg's.

As I see it there can't be much of a loss or a gain in milage with a 3"-4"wide piece of plastic under the front bumper.

Sent from Robl@nd

Actually, the higher you go the more important it is....aerodynamically speaking that is.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
[URL="http://s1086.photobucket.com/user/98GMC97CHEVY/media/Newtweets97s

Geez Al, all that work lately and you still can't afford a decent pair of pants?

:rofl:

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Doubt it. You're talking about a company that can't even be bothered to paint GMT900 rear wheelwells black to match the front plastic ones. You gotta pay extra for liners. :gr_grin:

Richard

Well...

GM doesn't exactly always make wise (or logical) decisions if we're honest. Sure the valence may have been added for a legitimate reason, but it could have just as easily been a visual add on

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran the valance when the truck was stock/dropped and it handled great... ( not saying it's because of the valance but ) now that it's lifted it handles like poo poo, once the air gets under it the valence isn't worth anything......

Lowered/stock = valance

Lifted== valance worthless

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I choose valence