The FREE Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my 88 has a neutral saftey switch, I can't start the thing in gear.
It's actually a key lock out, not a NSS. The 95+ have a NSS on the trans itself, and the 88-94 have the key lock out mechanism on the column. I still have an auto column and have had a couple times where the shift ring on the column must have been bumped and it wouldn't allow the key to be turned. There is no wiring with it though.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I never knew any of them was on the trans, the few I've seen have been in dash or lower column and crap.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yep, the 95+ has them on the side of transmission, it's a lil thingy that bolts to side of trans and has 2 plugs that go into it.

Brickyard

Reaction score
So what is the technical name of this thing so I can order one? I'm not about to pay the local crooks a hundred bones to fix something they broke.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
So what is the technical name of this thing so I can order one? I'm not about to pay the local crooks a hundred bones to fix something they broke.

Go to rockauto, select your make/year/model/engine, then select "Electrical - Switch and Relay", then select "Neutral Safety Switch/Range Sensor", then I got the Standard Motor Products one for $19.69 or whatever it was, it cost like $5 to ship. Dont forget to use the discount code.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
jut so you know you can adjust that on the trans unless they actually broke it. there are two bolts that hold it on loosen those and pull the back part down snug it and see if it starts

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Go to rockauto, select your make/year/model/engine, then select "Electrical - Switch and Relay", then select "Neutral Safety Switch/Range Sensor", then I got the Standard Motor Products one for $19.69 or whatever it was, it cost like $5 to ship. Dont forget to use the discount code.

Theres a dicount code for Rock auto?