The Engine **** Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
The 455 out of our 442:
You must be registered for see images attach

Cobra at a car show:
You must be registered for see images attach

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Just curious, how hard was it to remove the engine and put it back in? i have always wanted to completely remove mine and re-paint it/rebuild it, but afraid too.

Hardest part is honestly lining the trans and engine back up and getting the fly wheel bolts back in . Other then that, it's pretty straight forward if you have the tools.

Unbolt the trans, take the 3 bots out of the fly wheel, unbolt the starter, drain the coolant and the power steering, remove the fan shroud, remove the fan, take the radiator out for more room, disconnect all of the wires/hoses/throttle cables, unbolt the engine mounts, remove the hood, and pull it out.

Some tips: Remove the fan and the radiator for more room so you don't end up hitting the radiator and ruining it. Take and wrap a piece of tape around every wire then write on in where the wire went too. And lastly, unbolt your A/C compressor from the bracket and set it to the side. This way you don't have to decharge it and recharge it.

Edit: I forgot to add that you should remove the distributor before you lift the engine out. The location of the rear chain hook will make the chain go right into the cap and crack it most of the time.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Hardest part is honestly lining the trans and engine back up and getting the fly wheel bolts back in . Other then that, it's pretty straight forward if you have the tools.

Unbolt the trans, take the 3 bots out of the fly wheel, unbolt the starter, drain the coolant and the power steering, remove the fan shroud, remove the fan, take the radiator out for more room, disconnect all of the wires/hoses/throttle cables, unbolt the engine mounts, remove the hood, and pull it out.

Some tips: Remove the fan and the radiator for more room so you don't end up hitting the radiator and ruining it. Take and wrap a piece of tape around every wire then write on in where the wire went too. And lastly, unbolt your A/C compressor from the bracket and set it to the side. This way you don't have to decharge it and recharge it.

thanks for the help man, definitely copy&pasting that into notepad and saving it.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I forgot to add that you should remove the distributor before you lift the engine out. The location of the rear chain hook will make the chain go right into the cap and crack it most of the time.