The Center Console Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea I like it alot more then the obs cc now I can hold 2 drinks and still have room 4 my cell phone 2 charge, change and nick nacks...

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
has anyone ever built onto the stock center console...i was thinking about make something to hold my cb/swithbox and possibly a siren in the future

was thinking about building like how the cop cars have their stuff setup...but like onto the front of the stock console

i like and dont like the stock console so im still not sure, i like the inside and the thing on top that i put my reciepts under...but sometimes its just not big enough and the whole cupholder situation kinda sucks if you want to put 2 drinks in it

so not sure if i want to build a custom one or build onto the stock one

not sure if i would like a wood or metal one as i like the plastic

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
not sure if i would like a wood or metal one as i like the plastic

There are upholstery grade vinyls that look like brushed aluminum. Available in several colors. I also have a line on a vinyl that looks like checker-plate. I'm going to use that to cover all the cabinet doors in my shop.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
For all you guys installing a factory long style center console, don't forget to get the plastic heat deflector that diverts the air to the sides of the console, otherwise all your heat goes straight into the console. Great to keep the coffee warm in the cup holders, not so good for keeping your feet warm.

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For all you guys installing a factory long style center console, don't forget to get the plastic heat deflector that diverts the air to the sides of the console, otherwise all your heat goes straight into the console. Great to keep the coffee warm in the cup holders, not so good for keeping your feet warm.

I left enough room the vents are 5 inches from the vents...

Looks good monster!

And thank u...

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So hopefully one of you will know... I want to rock a NBS center console in my truck but don't know how much fabrication will have to be done to make it line up to a 95+ dash.
You must be registered for see images attach

I've been finding these ones on ebay and such but I see the only NBS conversion center consoles that people have done are alittle different, the pockets look different and the cub holders, the lid is also longer. What is that out of, someone mentioned a 2002 tahoe is that correct, is that what I should look for?

I see that someone did one with the center console I was looking at,

And then someone did another one with one thats slightly different, again I'm guessing thats a 2002 tahoe center console?

I just need some clarification, which center console is the best for this swap, I guess the least amount of custom work to make it fit right?

Last edited:

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So i've decided the same center console you did monster looks ****. And will be the easiest route to go I think. Now just need to find one that I can afford in grey and go the same route as you, then fiberglass it.