The Body Lift Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cjtheboss11

Reaction score
I will post a picture ASAP but I from what my friends and mechanics say is that my rear is lifted. The leaf springs are on top of the axle and I have a shackle lift. And in the front it looks like they took the old upper control arm mounts off and welded new ones on. I'll put up pictures of the truck and the. The underside with my lift and let y'all do the inspection

Cjtheboss11

Reaction score
And also another thing is can someone link either a 2 or 3 inch body lift to a 98 chevy k1500? i cant find anyones that are less than like $300.... and another question, what are gap guards? cause no lift kits i see come with them..

Cjtheboss11

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I cranked my T-bars a little (about 2 full turns) and that is it. But those are the pictures so yall can help me out with what i need to do etc. Thanks

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have about a 2" block an a whole lot of crank. The upper arms are in the factory location. Your front end will have accelerated wear with that much crank an it can't ride very well.

Summit racing sells the body lifts their brand 3" is $180 iirc. Gap guards are just that, the cover the visible gap between the body an the frame in the wheel wells with a body lift.

Cjtheboss11

Reaction score
Alright, really just 2 inches? so could i stick another 3 body and get 35's to fit? and yeah it rides like a tank... i had to get basically my whole front end rebuilt a couple months back. Should i down crank my Tbars? thanks

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
creezus man who makes that front bumper I love it..... but I'm biased look at my 03 in my avatar, I love big bumpers and I cannot lie

Sent from my static android

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you don't want to rebuild your front end every year you should decrank a lot. The general consensus is no more than two ribs on the CV axle boot touching.

Yes that might be a 1.5" block. A tape measure will tell you better than us guessing at a picture :lol: Here is one of my 4" installed when I was doing my lift. See the difference?

Cjtheboss11

Reaction score
You know i couldn't tell you exactly who, it was custom made by a welder and it originally was on a 97 2500 burb but it fits my truck so i bought it for dirt cheap :) getting a ***** for it soon too but my main concern now is what do i need for the 3 body, like if i need wires to be extended and fuel lines..

Cjtheboss11

Reaction score
Do you think it would be better to take off the back block and just got a 3 body all around (crank my Tbars maybe just a little bit). cause i was reading that with either a tbar crank or leveling kit + 3" body kit can fit 35's and that is my goal, but if i have to fit 33's i will.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a fuel filler neck an steering shaft extension in the body lift kits. I believe that's all though.