The Body Lift Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
i took my bolts out the nite before but im sure it can be done in around 4-6 hours depending on help and tools

92gmc4x4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
3'' bl, 2 inch block and a crank on 35/12.50r15s
You must be registered for see images attach

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

6" lift bout to add a 3"body .. Then upgrade 36's to 38's

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok i have some questions about this. first will a roll pan fit on a stock truck with a hitch? if not will the bl make it clear? second how many people have had problems overheating or running hot after? what did you do to fix? do you have any problems with the 4x4 linkage to the tcase? and is the parking brake cable hard to adjust?

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
second how many people have had problems overheating or running hot after? what did you do to fix? do you have any problems with the 4x4 linkage to the tcase? and is the parking brake cable hard to adjust?

I've had zero overheating issues with any bodylifted truck iver had, all had the shroud cut instead of the spacers. The 4x4 linkage may need to be adjusted after the lift, the problem is there is a good chance the that the adjusting rod is seized and will break, last time I think it was around $50 for the 2 parts from the dealer. For the parkbrake just spray it with some good penetrante before and it should break free to adjust.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i never had an issue with the electric fans or the mech fan on my truck, only time i ever had an issue was when the fuse holder for my fans fried and they didnt work, other than that never had a problem, my shroud has the spacers, i didnt want to cut it up

as for the roll pan ive never ran one or know anyone who does so not sure on that

i didnt have the 4x4 linkage as i have push button, and my parking brake cable didnt want to come apart....soo i ended up having to cut it

slipping

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I believe I have taken everything from my BL off. Would you guyd mind telling if I missed anything? It came on truck when I bought it so I know nothing about it.

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
I have a manual 4x4 but I didn't adjust anything for it and mine still works fine as it seems.
Other than that pneumatic tools a strong block of wood some time patience and it's run smooth.
The trams linkage I had to weld but I didn't new the steering extension and everything else ran just fine