The 99 Yukon "Restoration" Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisC

Reaction score
Hey all! For those of you who don't know, here's a little back story on the truck... I bought a 99 Yukon SLT 2WD a few months ago in an interesting condition... the engine and drive train were pretty much in perfect condition (except for a small oil leak), but the interior and exterior were completely trashed. Here are some pics...

You must be registered for see images attach

Anyways, I've gone crazy bringing it back to life. I've practically rebuilt the interior... new seats, lots of new trim panels, new center console, floor mats + industrial carpet cleaning machine, new door handles, etc etc. This is how it looks now (I also replaced the driver mirror and hood release latch after taking this picture). So far this truck has been super pleasing to work on. Even the exterior is getting cleaned up after putting a new hood on and pulling a couple dents out.

Next on the list is to find a new dash bezel (or figure out how to replace the clips) and replace my ignition (the key can be removed when the truck is running and the accessory stays on when the truck is off).