Teal daily driven farm truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the next thing is rebuilding and balancing the driveshaft. There’s an odd vibration at highway speeds that didn’t change with the new tires. I’ve done the rear most u-joint once, but probably went cheap at the time. I’m getting this kind of rhythmic bounce. Right at 40mph. It feels like all 4 tires have the same out-of-roundness. I feel like I’m in one of those new dancing Mercedes when I’m going through town. :Big Laugh:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Also remembering that the idler arm bracket has a little slop. I’m trying really hard to avoid the impulsive urge to rebuild the entire steering system, again. There’s nothing wrong with the rest of it. Might try the cognito braces since I can’t find a super steer unit. :Angry::bawl:

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think the next thing is rebuilding and balancing the driveshaft. There’s an odd vibration at highway speeds that didn’t change with the new tires. I’ve done the rear most u-joint once, but probably went cheap at the time. I’m getting this kind of rhythmic bounce. Right at 40mph. It feels like all 4 tires have the same out-of-roundness. I feel like I’m in one of those new dancing Mercedes when I’m going through town. :Big Laugh:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Also remembering that the idler arm bracket has a little slop. I’m trying really hard to avoid the impulsive urge to rebuild the entire steering system, again. There’s nothing wrong with the rest of it. Might try the cognito braces since I can’t find a super steer unit. :Angry::bawl:
Does it vibrate if you get up to 65 and then put it into neutral?

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you look inside that MC yet? Curious if there was any pitting inside.
…and how are brakes holding out?
I haven’t yet, been a busy 4 days. But I will, it’s sitting in my bench. Brakes are doing good! I’m getting used to them again but no issues.
i believe that back seat is "intermediate mexican" LOL
I love it, I don’t know what the criteria is for upholstery fabric, but I hope it can be used as inserts when I redo the front seat.